ice cream in bread - feels sorta awkward

May 23

For the last month, I've lived on the top floor of ADRA, with the associate director, named Ann, a quirky brown-eyed Canadian, who was born and raised and still continues to serve in the mission field. She grew up in Budapest, and all around Africa, and when she worked 6 years in Russia as an auditor, she still said she did most of her shopping in Zimbabwe (she actually hasn’t lived much in Canada at all). She works past midnight most weeknights, so I don’t see her much during the work week, but it has been amazing living with her for the last of my time here. She'll tell me stories about taking the ferry to Norway, weekends in Estonia, and being rioted in Bangladesh, crowds of Muslims throwing rocks at her car windows. She made Russian dumplings the other night, and they were delicious. To say I admire her would be an understatement.

My last day in Cambodia, and I deeply inhaled the Phnom Penh smog in my lungs for the last time as I took a motorbike taxi back home from downtown. Home again soon, at last.
Comments:
Trina!
I'm so glad you got to know Ann. She is absolutely amazing. I used to spend the night at her townhouse in maryland and we'd make pancakes the next morning :) I know you're home now. I hope reverse culture shock isnt too bad for you. I have really enjoyed keeping up with your adventures in Cambodia. God Bless!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]