February 17

The weeks seem to get shorter, go faster, but I’m beat. My exhaustion seems to lapse and relapse into the subsequent weeks. I get sick a lot. I often feel I'm just barely scraping by. My work never ceases and I still manage to feel behind. My workload (with class size and absence of help) is actually unlawful to take on in the states, and it’s really starting to take its toll. I’m homesick. Lonely. I miss youthful communicative normalcy. I miss my family and friends. I miss English-speaking people.

I’ve been reading Ecclesiastes, in search of truth, freedom, balance, contentment; been really discovering what is both futile and vital in my life. When I figure things out, I’ll let you know. And while this wisdom may never transpire, I’m learning it’s okay. Maybe there is no right answer. Nothing is sound. Nothing is right side right.
Comments:
Trina, I miss you so much also. I am sorry you are feeling sick and tired. I hope mom's visit comes soon enough. Could you do me a favor and take some pictures of the city life, the trash in the streets you talk about, your apartment, the whole school, the market places, I am curious. Could you also post them online. I love you so much.
 
sure dad, i have some already on my computer, and i'll edit em' and put em' online as soon as i can (my flickr account, probably not on blogger, i don't like the aesthetic of a million pictures in a row, and i thought it seemed touristy and redudant and blah blah, but no, i'm sorry i haven't even showed you that yet, like where i lived and whatever else), anyways, love you too..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]