January 31

wanderlust
I sit cross-legged on the 3rd floor of the Cambodia ADRA building, holding a globe I dust off with my fingertips, conversing with a Sri-Lankan refugee named Sathees about travel in SE Asia. He knows everything from government, visas, religion and taboos, to fees, fares, sights, and transportation, and speaking of Sri-Lanka, I just read in Action Asia magazine, that the Southwest, is one of the best surf spots in Asia, and from the pictures it looks hypnotically beautiful (plus Sri-Lanka is currently in need of your business!). Anyways, he advises me to take the bus to Kampoung Soung, then take a boat to Ko Chang, Thailand where their is supposed to be some great reef and dive spots, where we can stay in a Bungalow for cheap, and then take the bus a couple of days later to Bangkok, where Phil has promised me the perfect Shwarma.

I've had a nearly perfect week, and I have no idea why it's been so wonderful. My kids are the same as ever. Silim has been helping me all week because half the staff has been away in the countryside. I love her. A dog bit me on my way to school today, attacked me in the knee, scraggly hair that was bare in patches, sharp teeth, ripped my favorite pair of black slacks. Don't laugh (although it may be funny). Prior to my relocation to Asia, I didn't get rabies injections, though it was doctorally suggested. They were too expensive, and while it didn't bleed too much, we called a doctor, the wife of church member, and she said if it broke beneath the surface, I should be put on antibiotics. Bleh.

The newest news is that i'm officially going to Europe. 3 weeks in September, with 3 of my closest friends. The plan is to hit 8 countries on the most frugal of budgets, and I feel ecstatic and so privileged. I'm off to bake a birthday cake for Thyreach, this cake bribed my students into behaving all week, and if this year I don't make them smarter, it's guaranteed I'll make them fatter.
Comments:
Dearest Darling Girl,
I hope your dog bite is okay. I am worried. Remember I sent you antibiotics earlier. It was in the package that Uncle Arthur prescribed. Take those. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or e-mail.
Love,
Daddy-o
 
That's right you're going to Europe! BAM! haha. Okay. So I'm not funny...but I can pretend to be!
**Kris**
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]