October 4

Today I coughed so much I almost threw up. My back leaning against the tiled bathroom wall, my heart pounding in my head, I wondered if I could make it through the day or if I should just go home, too tired to face pre-teen middle schoolers with no direction or motivation who could care less about learning math, too tired to have little children ripping my arms out of their sockets, who don't understand a word I say. I let the voices in my head argue a bit, until I decided to walk down the stairs again. And inside the classroom, my children were, with their bright faces and good hearts and michevious plans, their reckless energy their colorful imaginations, and their simplicity and steadfastness of heart. I got through the day, with a smile, with a joy, with small (yet profound) moments of confirmation on why I am here.

Today Chamrong grabbed both of my breasts in the front of the classroom and made a "honking" noise while he did it, probably just, "why are these lumps here on this woman?" Ly Heng had learned that this was unacceptable behavior, and as I pulled Chamrong off of me in front of the class, he pointed and said, "Chamrong is bad boy!" (this was not one of those moments of confirmation on why I am here, ha, but still an awkward somewhat amusing story) My girls hug me so hard it's almost violent. Our group hugs make us nearly slip and fall on the wooden bridges between classrooms. They yell, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" I yell, "Too many babies, we are going to fall!" And with their little legs and girlish giggles, we nearly do.
Comments:
Uncle Arthur prescribed some antibiotics for you and I mailed it to you this morning. It should get there in 6 days. Hope you feel better. Am praying for you.

Love,

Daddy-O
 
I love you dear Trina, I'm praying for you! I'm praying Jesus helps heal you. I'm glad Dad is taking care of you. I miss you little strong. If you had an Indian name it'd "Little Strong Bear." That sounds good eh?

love, ryan
 
TRINA! we miss you at Walla Walla. I'm glad those kids get to enjoy your contagious laugh if we can't here. Sickness...grrr... Don't let the devil steal your JOY! ~Emily

Ps. your children are preciously adorable.
 
Get better soon! You always seem to get really sick! I'll pray!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]