me and my girls, sreywin, aliza, lydea

October 21, 2007

It’s been, what? Just under 2 months, and I’m already horribly attached to my students. They are my kids, my children, my, my, me, me. I find myself bending over backwards to make Sotha happy. He walks around with pants too big for him, does a jig from side to side, moving his arms, swinging his legs, whenever I put on music (he likes Donavon Frankenreiter and India.Arie). He has a perfect circle for a head, big black eyes, big cheeks, and little sharp teeth. His hair is floppy and disheveled, short on the sides, long on the top. He’s a walking Sanrio Peckle, an unreal, cheerful cartoon. And when he really smiles, it’s with his whole body; it’s monumental. I panic when it goes away. He’s a wonderful student, does his work quietly, thoroughly, and when he finishes early he helps others. But the minute the bell rings he’s absolute chaos (thank God it's not the other way around). He’s passionate and silly and is rapidly becoming the reason I wake up in the morning. I want to spoil these kids, but teach them to be respectful and patient, merciful, and grateful. They’ve never been spoiled, barely had the necessities (if that), never gone to Sea World or a big American zoo, no Disneyland or Legoland, never had someone sit and give them their undivided attention, answer all of their silly questions, or make pointless crafts with them all afternoon. They’re ecstatic if I make them a single paper flower. I need and I want to do this for them. I need and I want to bend over backwards, to accommodate for all of their lackings. I need, I want and I will.
Comments:
TRINA!!! I just wanted to tell you how much I miss you and that I can't wait to hear all of your amazing stories in person! Love Ya!!!

your buddy Brian
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]