dinner on the mekhong river (Left: Heather, Kim, Rithy / Right: Liz, me, Janice, Jephone)

august 30

Today i am sitting in a makeshift 3 day excel class, in a crowded hot room with ancient computers, filled with cambodians that i cannot understand, they hit my back, pull my arms in every direction, "help me katrina," they say, thick with accent, then they talk so loud and fast in khmer to one another, and then again, to you, in broken english. i listen closely with stern concentration to make sense of their few english words. i am american. so american. today i just sat there and laughed, and laughed, and could not stop. look where i am. look at my situations. look at my arms being pulled out of their sockets! (and this is only a workshop for teachers, the students haven't even come yet!) i'm halfway across the world. not just for leisure travel, for vacation, but work. i'm living here. i'm out of my mind. ecstatic. insane. stressed. and i'm happy. really. i am. praise God.
Comments:
Hi Trina,
I'm sitting here in the church office and saw that Pastor Jerry had forwarded your blog to Kristen and I...so, when Jerry left for lunch and it got REALLY quiet here I checked it out and WOW, what an amazing adventure you are on - and what a cool way to keep all of us up to date! I really enjoyed hearing about all your experiences - you're much braver than I am! I'll keep your blog in my favorites to look at it again and I will definitely keep you in my prayers! With God at your side, all things are possible!
 
wow, that looks like an awesome restaurant. the view is amazing. you have my sympathy when it comes to teaching in hot computer lab. i did that at puc several times, but thankfully they all spoke english. well ... mostly some form of english. take care and as always, i'm really enjoying your posts.

cheers!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]