august 18

Hi. I thought it proper to introduce myself.

I'm Trina, and I'm going to Phnom Penh (pronounced pA-NOM pen), Cambodia (leaving in 4 days), where I'll be living with two other girls in the steeple of the church. I'll be teaching English, just blocks from downtown, no car, but I've been told that I'm going to be given a bike, If I wish to ride it, to transport me from place to place. My apartment (in the steeple of the church), is a couple blocks from the school, and I was told today, from a friend of a previous employee, that there is a high risk of running over wild chickens in the street. While I hope I don't, details like this excite me.

I'm silly and non-confrontational, I'd like to think of myself as flexible, accomodating, but am often stubborn. I'd actually say that both are true, as I am a walking contradiction, in desperate need of God's grace. I also like to be right, noticed, and needed. I'm a comfortable, complacent 19 year old, and while I'm not getting any younger, and only delving further into the responsibilities and complexities of life and adulthood, I've taken my head out of clouds for long enough to realize when action is necessary for change and self-betterment. I thought it was time to do something about it. As a result, I took this opportunity.

I'm a lover of art, music, creativity, innovation, ingenuity. I like good food, books, films and conversations of substance, love all that is well-designed, aesthetically pleasing in a way that is stimulating, original, and unique. Writing is how I make sense of things. I'm a hard worker. A worry-er.

Naive in the way that I always wants to assume the best in people.

Be my friend, and keep me in your prayers.
For I promise to do the same, whether you comply or not.

I'll write often.
Comments:
dearest trina, you are off on an adventure to be sure! i promise to pray for you-and this blog will be perfect. just remember to take every chance to widen your experience. take risks-social risks, emotional risks, put yourself out there! i love the verse in i think matthew of the paraphrased message Bible that says something like live wide open lives..by opening up to others you will prompt them to open up to Christ. Oh, and if you have a moment in time...a choice between sitting something out or making a memory-dive in. Pray constantly because you'll be away from places where even think about God very much. Ah you are so lucky! have a great flight-it starts right now. :) You will be very missed! Love Emily
 
i comply. prayed for you just this mornin'.

cheers!
 
Just your smirk lets me know things will turn out right! amor~Jess
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]